These cookies are a fun treat for your little ones to make this year! But don’t think that they are not delicious because they are lumps of “coal”! These cookies are so fudgy and chocolaty you will find yourself reaching for more even when the plate is empty! Warning: You cannot secretly eat these as you will be caught red handed when your friends see the powdered sugar all over you!
Christmas Coal Cookies! (AKA Chocolate Crinkle Cookie)
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yields: 2 dozen
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Room Temp Unsalted Butter
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar.
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cinnamon
- Mixer (makes it easier)
- mixing bowls
- flat surface
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- line baking sheet with parchment paper or Silicone Baking Mat
- Cream your butter brown sugar until light and fluffy, mix in your eggs.
- In a separate bowl, combine your flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda and mix
- slowly stir in your dry ingredients with your wet ingredients, and then mix until you have a nice soft dough
- take a spoon and scoop about a tablespoon worth of dough and roll in powdered sugar, don’t be stingy on the powdered sugar! The more the merrier!
- place powdered dough balls onto baking sheet, making sure to space the cookies out on sheet
- bake for around thirteen minutes or until you see the tops are cracked.
- When cookies are done let them cool on a wire rack completely before storing them!
- Enjoy by a fire with a nice cup of Hot Cocoa!