On a cold winters night nothing is better than a creamy hot soup to keep you warm. This Curry Butternut Squash Soup is so creamy and delicious. Its hint of spice will warm you up, and the delicious squash will ensure you stay full throughout your evening! Another great thing about this recipe is that it only takes 30 minutes to make and only requires a microwave, blender, and stove top!
Curry Butternut Squash Soup
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yields: 4-6 servings
1 Medium Butternut Squash
2 cans of Chicken Broth
2 Tablespoons Cream (optional)
1 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
Fresh Cracked Pepper
2 teaspoons salt
- Begin by prepping your squash. To do this you must cut open your squash and remove the skin. Cut your squash into one inch cubes and poke with a fork.
- Place squash onto a microwave safe plate with a cup of water in the middle.
- I divided my squash up into four piles to microwave separately.
- Microwave squash for four minutes. Check on squash, if easily pierced by fork it is done.
- Add first amount to blender and blend till smooth, adding a little chicken stock if needed.
- Microwave rest of squash in sections until all squash is microwaved. Add to blender gradually.
- Blend squash with chicken broth until desired consistency. (Less if you like chunky soup, more if you don’t!)
- Add in your seasonings. (NOTE: Always taste test! Start light then add more if needed!)
- Blend to properly incorporate your seasonings
- Add soup to pot on medium heat.
- Add your cream and stir until fully mixed in.
- Keep warm and serve with fresh cracked pepper, sea salt, and a little curry powder on top!
Thanks for reading!