So it has been years since I have had eggnog, and I have really been wanting to try it for the past couple weeks! So what better way to try it than create a new delicious recipe! This eggnog cream pie is perfect for the holidays. Now I was experimenting this weekend and this recipe can either make six mini eggnog pies or 1 large eggnog pie. Want to mix it up a bit and make only a couple pies? This recipe can be easily halfed to only make three mini pies (which I did this weekend. This pie has a buttery graham cracker crust (easily store bought) as well as a creamy rich spiced eggnog cream in it as well as a light airy Cinnamon Vanilla meringue on top. These pies scream the holiday season and are ridiculously good!
Eggnog Cream Pie with Cinnamon Vanilla Meringue
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Wait time: 3-4 hours
Yields: 6 mini pies or 1 large pie
1 1/2 cups eggnog
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
3 egg whites
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups finely crushed graham cracker (you can use food processor for this)
1/3 cup white sugar
6 tablespoons butter melted
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
– Don’t want to make crust? Just get store bought crusts! Easy and quick 🙂
Piping bag (can substitute a regular sandwich bag if need be)
- Mix all ingredients together until fully mixed.
- press into your pie tins and refrigerate until needed. (preferably 1-2 hours)
- Note: If your crust is too wet add more graham cracker!
- whisk all of your ingredients together in a bowl until fully mixed
- add to medium heat sauce pan. Continue whisking as it cooks.
- Once it has thickened and become pudding consistency remove from heat and add to chilled pie tins.
- let cool on counter for 5 minutes, and then place into refrigerator for 10-15 minutes
- Move an oven rack to the highest position
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees Fahrenheit
- Have your egg whites at room temp, and then begin beating them
- when bubbles appear add in your cream of tartar and continue beating
- Add your cinnamon, and vanilla, then begin gradually adding sugar.
- continue mixing until peaks form, transfer meringue into piping bag.
- pipe on top of pies however you desire
- Place pies on a cookie sheet
- place cookie sheet on top rack of oven,
- WATCH YOUR PIES, you want the meringue to brown but watch to prevent it from burning!
- Remove pies from oven and chill for 1-2 hours before serving!
Thanks for reading!