There is nothing more delicious than homemade bread, not to mention it makes your house smell warm and inviting!! I also have to add that there is something relaxing about making this bread, you can knead away all your worries while your kitchen smells beautifully of Cinnamon, Cloves, and allspice!! Keep in mind this recipe takes a decent amount of time and flour so be ready for a commitment! But in the end it is all worth it!! =D
Cinnamon Spice Bread
Prep Time: 4 hours
Cook Time: 45-60 minutes
Yields: 2 loafs
1/4 Oz active dry yeast
2 ¼ cups warm water
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1 ½ teaspoon of all spice
1 Teaspoon of cloves
8 cups of flour (possibly more)
1 tablespoon of salt
2 tablespoons of canola oil
Plastic cling wrap
Bread Pan (Optional)
- Preheat oven for 375
- First add the yeast to the warm water (110-112 degrees Fahrenheit) then mix until dissolved.
- Mix in sugar, salt, spices, oil, and three cups of flour until fully incorporated.
- Gradually mix in more flour until a soft dough forms.
- Lay out plastic wrap tightly on a flat surface. Dust with flour and drop dough onto the surface. Knead the dough until it is smooth and elastic.
- Place dough into a greased bowl that leaves plenty of room to grow, cover, and let rise in a warm place until doubled the size. (Microwave, room temperature room, etc.)
- Let rise for about 1- 1½ hours until it has doubled in size.
- Punch dough down, place dough on to surface and cut into two equal loafs.
- Place into bread pans or form the loafs into two rounds. Cover and let rise for another 45 minutes until it has doubled again.
- Crack an egg and whisk it. Once fully whisked then brush the egg wash over the top of your bread, making sure to cover the entirety of it.
- Bake bread for 20 minutes
- Re apply the egg wash.
- Bake for another 10-30 minutes. The bread will be done once the internal temperature is 190 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove bread from oven and keep in a dry place.