The other day I was walking through a local produce stand and saw this beautiful purple cauliflower. I could not resist but buy it to make a yummy dish. Due to its vibrancy I knew I had to add some other beautiful colors to the dish and decided to use some delicious rainbow carrots fresh vibrant green beans from Grandma Bennett’s Garden. This dish is a crowd pleaser both visually and taste wise! I love to add a poached egg on top to add protein and to tie the entire dish together as well as adding the delicious surprise aspect for when you break the yolk!
Cook Time: 30-45 minutes
Portions: 2 full meals
1 head of Purple cauliflower
4 medium rainbow carrots
Hand full of fresh green bean strands
Fresh cracked pepper
1 teaspoon Sea salt
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
½ pound Ground turkey
Small/medium sized pot
Gallon sized plastic bag
Butter knife or chopstick
- Line your baking sheet with foil, and set your oven to 375 Degrees Fahrenheit
- Rinse your veggies and cut them up however you prefer.
- I like to cut mine into ½-1 inch chunks to help them cook faster!
- Toss veggies into a gallon sized plastic bag, drizzle olive oil over and shake till coated.
- Add seasonings to plastic bag.
- Spread veggies out on cookie sheet and put into the oven
- Bake for about 15-30 minutes, occasionally checking.
- Once the carrots are easily pierced by forks they are done!
- Heat up a skillet on the stove top and drizzle olive oil onto it.
- Add the ground turkey as well as fresh pepper, salt, and Italian seasoning
- Cook the turkey until done making sure to break it up in the pan.
- Fill your pot up with water and heat it until it begins to boil,
- Drop the heat to medium and add salt then stir until there is a circular current in the water.
- Crack egg into the water when the current is still going and then carefully continue to stir the water (I like to use chopsticks)
- Continue stirring for three- four minutes, then carefully lift the egg out of the water with the slotted spoon.
- Mix your turkey and roasted veggies together and then place them in a mound on your plate.
- Carefully place your egg on top
- Sprinkle some sea salt on top of your dish as well as finishing with some fresh cracked pepper.
Thanks for Reading!