Picture this; creamy rich semisweet whisky chocolate cream filling on a buttery graham cracker crust, topped with beautifully toasted marshmallows. If that made you hungry then have no fears, I have the perfect recipe right here! Pie week continues with this delicious Chocolate and Whisky S’mores Pie! This is going to be a hit at holiday parties! If you have little ones just leave out the whisky and you will have a delicious kid friendly S’mores pie!
Chocolate and Whisky S’mores Pie
Prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 30 minutes
Wait time: 1-2 hours
Yields: 1 large pie or 6-8 small pies.
3/4 cup of white sugar
1/3 cup all purpose white flour
2 cups milk or cream
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3 egg yolks
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1- 1 1/2 teaspoon whiskey (depending on your tastes)
Marshmallows ( preferably mini but regular size works)
1 Regular graham cracker pie crust or 6-8 mini pie crusts
- Combine flour, milk, sugar, whiskey, and chocolate chips in sauce pan and cook until the chocolate chips are melted and the mixture is bubbling. (Don’t burn it keep at a medium heat.)
- Now temper your egg yolks by taking a small amount of the chocolate mixture and stir rigorously, as you do not want to scramble the egg! Once your yolk mixture is brought up to temp pour into mixture and continue stirring for about ninety seconds.
- If your mixture separates have no fear. Just pour into mixing bowl and use your mixer to get it to the perfect beautiful smooth consistency.
- Pour mixture into pie tins and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- When pie is cooled spread marshmallows over the top. Have the oven set on broil and place pie in the oven to brown the marshmallows. If you have to use regular sized marshmallows cut them in half. watch your pie, you only want to toast the marshmallows not burn them! If you have a Chef’s Torch, that will work great!
- remove pie from oven and refrigerate until you are ready to eat it! 🙂
Thanks for reading!