It is always important to have variety in your cookie exchanges! This recipe is definitely going to be a hit. Homemade gingerbread dipped in white chocolate with a cinnamon infused semisweet chocolate drizzle! This cookie screams the holiday season and will leave people begging you for the recipe!!
White Chocolate Gingerbread Bites:
Prep time: 15 minutes
Wait time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
Yields: two dozen cookies
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter at room temperature
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup molasses (or dark corn syrup if you don’t have any)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate
- Plastic Wrap
- Baking sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Mixing bowls
- Hand mixer or whisk
- Cooling Rack
- Wax paper (great to roll dough out on)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Begin by adding your butter, sugar, molasses, and egg into a bowl. Use mixer to fully mix ingredients.
- Now mix your dry ingredients together (Flour, Baking soda, Cinnamon, Ginger, Cloves).
- Slowly mix in your dry ingredients with your wet ingredients, after pouring ¼ of dry ingredients into bowl add one tablespoon of water, when you get to ½ of the dry ingredients added add your last tablespoon of water.
- Continue mixing till fully mixed
- The dough will seem almost too dry, but that is how it is supposed to be!
- Now form two balls with your dough, this will probably require kneading as the dough will be separated and almost powdery before you start forming the balls.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap then let rest in fridge for at least thirty minutes
- After you have let the dough firm up in fridge take it out and roll the dough out on a flat surface.
- Cut into small 1 inch wide triangles
- Place cookies onto parchment paper lined baking tray and place into oven for 15 minutes or until dough feels firm
- Remove cookie sheet from oven and let cool for five minutes before moving to cooling rack.
- When cookies have fully cooled, carefully melt your white chocolate down till it is fully melted doing 15 second intervals in the microwave and stirring in between.
- Line baking tray that will fit into your freezer with parchment paper.
- Use fork to dip gingerbread pieces into white chocolate and coat the entire piece of gingerbread.
- Place the cookie onto parchment paper and continue dipping until all are coated
- place into freezer for 10 minutes
- Melt semisweet chocolate carefully in microwave, doing 15 second intervals and stirring in between. Add a pinch of cinnamon to your chocolate.
- Remove cookies from freezer and drizzle your cinnamon infused dark chocolate ontop
- place back into freezer to set the chocolate.